Canada Immigration (Family Class)

Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada, 18 years of age or older, may sponsor close relatives or family members who want to become permanent residents of Canada. Sponsors must promise to support the relative or family member and their accompanying family members for a period of 3 to 10 years to help them settle in Canada.

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

- Spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;
parents and grandparents;
- Dependent children, including adopted children;
- Children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
- Brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans;
under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
- You may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt,
uncle or family member from the list above whom you could sponsor or who
is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.

A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

- is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
- is a full time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for
financial support since before the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse
or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22); or
- is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because
of a disability.

Consultant Identification: R410927

Often people will not be able to find the information they are looking for, or may also need the opinion of a professional in the field.  People may not need to retain the full services provided but just need a specific question answered about a problem they may have; a visa application to Canada or the process in general.  They may require interview tips or may have questions about a Temporary Resident Visa such us the Student visa, Work permit or Tourist visa.