Canada Immigration (Skilled Workers)

Skilled workers have education, work experience, knowledge of English and/or French and other abilities that will help them to establish themselves successfully as permanent residents in Canada.

Applying to come to Canada as a Skilled Worker is not difficult. Consult this section to find all the information and forms you need in order to make your application.

Skilled Workers are economic migrants who are allowed entry into Canada as permanent residents. However, they require a profile and credentials to become economically established in Canada.

New Eligibility criteria for federal skilled worker applications

As of June 26, 2010, under changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, federal skilled worker applications are assessed for eligibility according to the new eligibility criteria. Note: This does not apply to applicants intending to live in the province of Quebec.

As a skilled worker, you must have at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations recommended by the Minister. These are Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list. The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is a classification system for jobs in the Canadian economy. It describes duties, skills, talents and work settings for occupations.

For more information on the new list of qualified jobs on the NOC, please click on the link below:

Consultant Identification: R410927

Often people will not be able to find the information they are looking for, or may also need the opinion of a professional in the field.  People may not need to retain the full services provided but just need a specific question answered about a problem they may have; a visa application to Canada or the process in general.  They may require interview tips or may have questions about a Temporary Resident Visa such us the Student visa, Work permit or Tourist visa.