Visitors Visa


About 5 million people visit Canada every year, to take advantage of the plentiful opportunities available in Canada. Potential visitors must meet certain requirements before planning to visit Canada, and these requirements may or may not differ depending on where an individual lives and the reason for their visit. In certain cases, those individuals that plan to prolong their stay in Canada or stay in Canada for a certain period of time they would need to acquire a Temporary Resident Visa.


There are certain requirements that all potential visitors must fulfill:

  1. Have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
  2. Be in good health;
  3. Must be able to satisfy an immigration officer, that you possess a job, home or have a family that will eventually require or take you back to your country of origin at the end of your visit;
  4. Must be able to satisfy an immigration officer that at the end of visit to Canada, you will be leaving Canada;

When staying in Canada, a visitor must have sufficient amount of money, and the amount of money required will depend on how long a person plans to visit Canada and how much they will be spending on accommodations. For instance a visitor might decide to stay in a hotel or stay with friends or relatives.

In addition to the above requirements, certain visitors need to also satisfy the following requirements:

  • Temporary Resident Visa (Which is dependent on if one’s country of origin and citizenship) – (Listed Below)
  • A medical examination
  • A letter of invitation from a person who lives in Canada.

Countries and territories whose citizens require visitor visas in order to enter Canada Citizens of the following countries and territories require a Visa to VISIT or TRANSIT Canada:

A: Afghanistan Albania Algeria Angola Argentina Armenia Azerbaijan

B: Bahrain Bangladesh Belarus Belize Benin Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia-Herzegovina Brazil Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi

C: Cambodia Republic of Cameroon Cape Verde Central African Republic Chad Chile China, People’s Republic of Colombia Comoros Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Costa Rica Cuba Czech Republic

D: Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic

E: East Timor Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Ethiopia

F: Fiji

G: Gabon Gambia Georgia Ghana Grenada Guatemala Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana

H: Haiti Honduras

I: India Indonesia Iran Iraq Israel (only Israeli citizens holding valid Israeli “Travel Document in lieu of National Passport”) Ivory Coast

J: Jamaica Jordan

K: Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Korea, North Kosovo Kuwait Kyrgyzstan

L: Laos Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Lithuania (holders of non-biometric passports only)

M: Macao S.A.R. Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Islands Mali Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia, Fed. States Moldova Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Mozambique Myanmar (Burma)

N: Nauru Nepal Nicaragua Niger Nigeria

O: Oman

P: Pakistan Palau Palestinian Authority Panama Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland (holders of non-biometric passports only)

Q: Qatar

R: Romania Russia Rwanda

S: Sao Tomé e Principe Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Somalia South Africa Sri Lanka Sudan Surinam Syria

T: Taiwan (except holders of the ordinary passport issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Taiwan that includes their personal identification number) Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Tuvalu

U: Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates Uruguay Uzbekistan

V: Vanuatu Venezuela Vietnam

Y: Yemen

Z: Zambia Zimbabwe

Consultant Identification: R410927

Often people will not be able to find the information they are looking for, or may also need the opinion of a professional in the field.  People may not need to retain the full services provided but just need a specific question answered about a problem they may have; a visa application to Canada or the process in general.  They may require interview tips or may have questions about a Temporary Resident Visa such us the Student visa, Work permit or Tourist visa.